Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Share 2 & Critique



 
 
 
The first photo was one that I took the beginning of the semester while out canoeing near Idaho Falls.  This was taken with my Samsung since I did not have my camera at the time.  It was taken with a 26mm focal length, ISO-200, F/9, and 1/300 sec. shutter speed.  This one took a little more editing than the first picture.  To edit, I increased the contrast a little so that the color of the sky would pop out more against the trees.  Increasing the saturation a small amount helped with that as well so it wasn't so dull.
 
The second photo was one I took down at the Yellowstone River this last weekend.  It was a nice sunny day, not too bright which made it easy to catch good photos.  For this photo, I used my Nikon D40 with a 55mm focal length.  The settings were ISO-200, F/11 aperture, and 1/50 sec exposure/shutter speed (helped make the water blur over the rocks).  When editing, I did not have to do much but I did increase the exposure by one stop since the picture was somewhat dark at first.  I did not mess with the white balance or the hue at all since they started to make the picture look fake in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment