Monday, December 2, 2019

Weekly Blog Post



The first picture was one that I took while out taking pictures over at the duck creek fishing access in Laurel.  I took this picture with my Nikon D40, 55mm lens and did not like this at first until I started messing around with the editing of it.  I like the dramatic colors that I used in this picture and was impressed with the editing of it.  For the second picture, this was taken while I went and shot at Riverfront Park before it snowed.  The ducks and geese were all out and close to the shore so I took this opportunity to take some wildlife photos.  The only editing I did to this was cropping it as well as increasing the saturation and clarity of it.  The fast shutter speed I used helped to stop the water droplets in place, which added to the effect of the picture.  The third picture was one that I took while at Riverfront Park that same day.  For this one, I cropped a bit so that the other geese wouldn't be in the picture.  The only editing I did to this one was increasing the saturation and clarity as well as used a gradient filter on the water to add some dark blue  in there.  This picture seemed too blue to me at first but every time I came back to look at it, the color appealed to me more like this than a gray blue color, so I left it as this.  This color really seems to bring out the duck more than just a gray blue color.

No comments:

Post a Comment